Friday, February 11, 2011

Mirror Redo (Add a pop of color!)

So a while back, I found an interesting wooden mirror at the Thrift Store. I didn't have any plans for it, but I figured for $4, I could eventually come up with something.
I saw a mirror redo on another blog and I loved it. I even had similar color paint on hand. This was so easy and I love the way it turned out. For some reason, it reminds me of The Little Mermaid. Ha.
Anyway, this would be fun to do to any piece of wood furniture. I actually am looking for a dresser to turn into a T.V stand and would probably use this same technique to refinish it.
Step 1: Clean and lightly sand off any shine, paint, or finish off the wood.
Step 2: Paint on one layer of paint.
Step 3: As you are painting, lightly wipe it with a paper towel.
Step 4: Let it dry.
Step 5: Sand edges and random spots to make it look more distressed.

Easy!
And those are yarn balls I made. I saw the idea at NieNie Dialogues. I love her.

The mirror idea originally came from Chris loves Julia. Check it out for a more detailed tutorial. Make sure to check out her blog while you are there. She has great decorating ideas!
-Megan

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I think you matched the color exactly. Looks great. Don't you just love making old things beautiful again?

    www.chrislovesjulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We sure do like you.