Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rose Petal Chandelier/Mobile Tutorial

Everything I make is going to be fairly easy. I am a beginner. So if I can do it, you can too! My daughter's room was really lacking so this is another craft for her room. When I saw this on another blog, I knew I had to give it a try. It does take time, but it was quite easy and I think it turned out awesome!
Rose Petal Chandelier/Mobile:
3 Different Sized Embroidery Rings
White Paint and Brush
Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue
600 Fabric Rose Petals
Sewing Machine

Total: About $8
I found the rose petals at the $1 Store, 300 in each package. I really did sew 600 petals together so you will need 2 packages. I picked up the embroidery rings at Michaels for around $5.
Step 1: Paint the rings white.
Step 2: Attach your rings together, largest at top and smallest at bottom. I used jewelry wire, but you can use fishing line.
Step 3: Sew 9 petals together in a line with just a little space between each one. Try and have the petals all facing the same way.
Step 4: Hot glue the petal strands onto your rings.

I adore it!!!

Idea originally found at The Country Chic Cottage. Check it out for a more detailed tutorial. Make sure you check out her blog while you are there. She has done some amazing transformations!

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job!!!!! I love it!! And I never mind for you taking my ideas and making them! I love it in fact!! Makes my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!! i loveee this. maybe. just maybe i will try it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We sure do like you.