Monday, June 8, 2009

Flip Video Review

I had the amazing opportunity to review the new Flip Ultra from Flip Video. I have been so impressed with this video camera. It is small and lightweight, perfect for me to throw in my diaper bag so I am always prepared to catch my son doing something crazy on video. The picture quality is unbelievable! I compared a video from my Flip Ultra and from my camera and the difference was huge. The Flip Video provides a clear and bright picture, making my camera's video seem dull and fuzzy. 
Some details about the Flip Ultra provided to me:
-Easy-to-use, handheld camcorder featuring one-touch recording and instant playback
-4GB of built-in memory captures up to 120 minutes of video
-Dimensions: 4.25" x 2.19' x 1.17"
-Bright, larger 2" no-glare screen
-Includes two AA batteries; Flip Video Rechargeable AA Battery Pack Sold separately
-Watch videos instantly on TV with included connector cable
-Available in 4 colors: black, white, pink, and yellow
-Full VGA video at 30fps progressive scan
-Records high-quality H.264 videos that work with most video applications.
-Pre-loaded FlipShare software that works on any PC or Mac. 

(My son, enjoying his car ride outside)
I must say, I found very few cons while using the Flip Ultra video camera. Still, I will provide my pros and cons list.
PROS:
-The Flip Ultra is extremely easy to use. You turn it on and push the red button to record and stop video.
-The video is perfectly clear and colors show up bright.
-I love that you can plug the camera into the T.V. This has been a fun way for Daddy to watch everything he missed during the day.
-When you download the videos on to your computer, you don't have to worry about cords. The camera plugs directly into the computer.
-The video camera is small and lightweight.
-The video camera holds up to 2 hours worth of video!!
CONS:
-I wish it zoomed in and out a little more than it does.

BUY IT!

Suggested Retail Price: $149.99

Also, make sure to check out all the other video cameras Flip Video has to offer, including: The Mino and Mino HD, and the Flip Ultra HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We sure do like you.