· Reduce Pet Dander - Decrease your exposure to pet dander by keeping your pet out of your bedroom, since this is typically the room in which people spend a majority of their time.
· Wrap Things Up - Put fabric covers over common dust mite hideouts such as pillows, mattresses and sofa cushions and wash bedding often.
· Clear the Air - Prevent pollen from entering your home by keeping windows and doors closed during peak allergy season. Air filters are also considered useful for helping clear the air of lingering allergens triggers.
· Wipe Down Surfaces - Be sure to frequently clean hard surfaces to get rid of allergens in your home. Use LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes to remove 90% of pollen particles and dust mite debris, in addition to killing 99.9% of illness-causing bacteria. Also use LYSOL Disinfectant Spray to kill the source of mold allergens on hard, non-porous surfaces.
· Avoid Mold Spores - To help reduce mold: use an air conditioner in humid climates and avoid the use of humidifiers in dry climates. Also, run the bathroom fan or open the window when showering.
· Talk to Your Doctor - It is important to talk to your doctor about whether or not allergy testing, medications, and/or other measures are recommended.I had the opportunity to try out Lysol's Disinfecting Spray and Disinfecting Wipes, both of which kill 99.9% of germs. I just moved into a new apartment. It had been cleaned, but hadn't been touched in what appeared to be over a month. My husband was filling our new home with boxes and I was unpacking them, but I wanted to make sure every surface was clean and dust free. Using the wipes was so fast and easy. I could see the wipes looked like they were dirty even though my counter tops had looked clean. I also sprayed down all the door handles and other surfaces that I knew our toddler would soon have his little hands all over. Thanks to Lysol, we feel comfortable in our new home, we aren't worrying if the last guy cleaned well enough because we know Lysol did the job!