Monday, June 14, 2010

Silent Auction #1: Sesame Street Elmo Activity Walker

Welcome to our first day of the Sesame Street Silent Auction. I feel honored to be a part of this event. There are so many people in need and I would love to see everyone participate and make generous bids to go to the K.I.D.S charity. From the K.I.D.S website,
"K.I.D.S. pioneered a unique charity model more than 25 years ago that today aligns hundreds of companies with more than one thousand leading local agencies in the United States and Canada. 85% of our donations are distributed to agencies in the U.S. and the remaining 15% to countries abroad. This alliance donates children's clothes,books, toys, and juvenile products… and brings hope… to children and their families at risk."

The Sesame Street Elmo Activity Walker is extremely easy to put together. I had it set up and ready to be enjoyed within 5 minutes. The seat is very supportive and seemed soft and comfortable. When not in use, the walker folds down quite small for easy storage.
In the spirit of giving, I donated the walker I received for review to a less fortunate new mom, but first I had a couple toddlers try it out since it includes height adjustment as your baby/toddler grows. One toddler was already walking and the other had just learned to cruise while holding onto furniture. They both loved it.
With wheels at the bottom, your child is able to safely move around. Because the walker's base is wide, if the child runs into the wall, the walker takes the hit, not your child.
The included toys are really fun. The Elmo twirls around and the Cookie Monster teether sways back and forth with a hit. I am particularly fond of the snack and drink tray. Because I know what it is like to have a picky eater, I know it is sometimes necessary to keep your child distracted or entertained while feeding him/her. Putting them in the walker with healthy snacks seems like a great way to keep them munching!

All donations will need to be sent to once the silent auction is over. The highest bidder will be asked to forward me their receipt and shipping address which will be passed to Kolcraft.
Thank you so much for participating!

The Sesame Street Elmo Activity Walker bid will begin at $18.00. Please bid in $5.00 increments. All bids will close Thursday June 24 at midnight. Please leave your bid in the comment section.

We are not compensated for our reviews. We receive product(s) for free so we can provide our experience. These are our honest opinions. Your experience may vary.


  1. I would make a bid for this product 'coz even if I didn't win the bidding, I know to myself that I've been of help to the charity.


Thanks for commenting. We sure do like you.