Thursday, August 12, 2010

Baby Shower Event: Placenta Previa, Anyone?

At my last ultrasound, I was told I had partial placenta previa, meaning my placenta was partially covering my cervix. If my placenta moves back up to the side of my uterus, everything will be totally fine. If it stays where it is or moves to completely cover my cervix, I will have to have a c-section. I am pretty terrified of being cut open even though I know a lot of women have c-sections everyday.
My doctor has put me one pelvic rest until my next ultrasound to see if my placenta has moved at all. I am hoping for the best. I read up about these horror stories of these things that can go wrong with placenta previa (dumb, I know) and got myself all worked up.
Have you had placenta previa? Did you have any complications?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We sure do like you.