Monday, March 11, 2013

Allie's Headboard {Big Girl Room}

I have been busy up in Allie's room. My family keeps picking on me for trying to finish her big girl room before we move. I have no idea why, but I always do crap like this. Like seriously every time we are about to move. I think having a fun/large project helps relieve some moving stress, which I realize is doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I thought it might be good for Allie to get used to not sleeping in her crib before we move so everything doesn't seem completely new and scary in a new place.
I have been holding onto this awesome fabric for months with intentions of someday making it into a headboard. I picked it up with my bestie at a discount fabric store for $1.99. 
I used leftover board from Carson's headboard, stapled a foam pad that my mother-in-law gave me, and stapled batting on that, and then stapled the fabric. Easy peasy. 
Below is her crib converted into a toddler bed. It was good for practicing how to not fall out of bed. I decided to do a twin size bed with a headboard instead because I didn't want to have to take apart, pack it, and then build her crib again. Plus, I figured it would be good to have a twin bed in our next apartment in case we have a bunch of guests. And I love being able to snuggle with her in bed.

So there it is. I can't wait to post more of her room. It's finally coming together. Just in time to be taken all apart. Woop.

2 comments:

  1. That is really odd that your family is giving you such a hard time for decorating a house you're about to pack up. They obviously don't understand anything. Love the headboard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We sure do like you.