Wednesday, October 10, 2012

DIY Upholstered Bench

 The bench in front of our bed was lacking in personality and a little beat up from years of using it at our dining table. Thanks to my new favorite fabric store, I picked up a yard of black and white striped fabric for $1.99 and used the leftover super thick batting from my son's basic headboard. So yeah, this project cost me a total of $1.99!! 
 Before.
How to:
I wrapped the top of my bench with my thick batting and stapled it down.
I wrapped the top with my fabric and stapled.
I used my rotary cutter to get a perfect finish so you can't see any loose fabric hanging out.

 After.

Do you like a bench in front of your bed? Do you manage to keep it clear? Ours usually holds our decorative pillows and our clothes from the night before. Real glamorous. Still, I love it.

Linking to:
Tatortots & Jello

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying for a bench at the foot my of bed! I've been on the hunt for one for months! You did a great job - and I love the fabric. $1.99 is a steal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelsea,
      You're so sweet! Thanks for following! I was definitely inspired by your nursery today...I can't wait to see more of your projects. The Kate Spade vase was awesome, too!! I'm loving the polka dot trend right now. I need to find something to polka dot!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. We sure do like you.