Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Side Table & How to Get Smoke Smell Out of Furniture


Meet our new side table.

Above you can see my old side table. I had got it as part of the deal with my dresser in our master bedroom from a thrift store. I never liked it, but needed a side table so I painted it and used it for quite a while. It now lives in my mom's house and looks really cute there..


Before.
 I am loving our new side table that my sister-in-law gave me as part of a deal she got with her thrifted dresser I painted for her (details to come soon). It came mighty stinky, though. The previous owner was obviously a heavy smoker. With some help from my Facebook friends, the table is now scent-free. This is what I did:
1. Keep it outside for a few days to air out.
2. Scrub with S.0.S pad to remove any residue, then wipe down.
3. Cover with baking soda to suck up odors, then wipe down.
4. Spray with KILZ sealer.
5. Paint.

After.
 I love the lines and THOSE LEGS!! Kind of mid-century, kind of traditional, and just really awesome.

 Gold metal wrapped legs...so sexy. So sexy in fact, I'm considering gold wrapping my own legs.

I accessorized it with a lamp, a thrifted mirrored tray, a Target vase, and sweet antlers gifted from my bestie.

What have you been painting to give a new life? Send me a link!

Linking to:

4 comments:

Thanks for commenting. We sure do like you.